1. Perform conciliation and mediation functions;
2. Provide Technical Assistance in the Preparation and Administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements and and in Drawing Up Joint Agreements;
3. Provide training on Alternative Dispute Resolution;
4. Supervise/observe conduct of strike balloting and improved/reduced offer balloting;
5. Provide counseling services on labor relations related issues;
6. Provide training on effective negotiations and collective bargaining;
7. Provide speakership services on labor relations related topics during seminars, symposia, and orientation;
8. Provide Free Legal Aid and Voluntary Arbitration Services (FLAVAS).
Voluntary Arbitration and Grievance Settlement
1. Administer the Voluntary Arbitration Program;
2. Maintain and update a roster of Accredited Voluntary Arbitrators (AVAs);
3. Administer a program for the continuing professionalization of AVAs;
4. Provide technical assistance in the submission of issues to voluntary arbitration and in the selection of AVA or panel of AVAs;
5. Process and grant subsidy on voluntary arbitration fees;
6. Conduct plant-level orientation seminars on grievance machinery and voluntary arbitration ;
7. Conduct training programs on effective grievance handling, position paper writing, etc.;
8. Provide technical assistance in the operationalization and strengthening of grievance machinery.
Workplace Relations and Enhancement (formerly Labor-Management Cooperation) Program
1. Conduct plant-level orientation seminars and skills training on LMC;
2. Facilitate the setting up, re-activation and strengthening of plant-level LMCs;
3. Establish and maintain linkages with LMC Practitioners' Associations nationwide.
(Strategic Action Group for Industrial Peace) / QRT (Quick response Team) – The NCMB has extended its field operations on a 24/7 basis to improve the delivery of conciliation-mediation services which include but not limited to the conduct of marathon conciliation-mediation conferences, monitoring of actual strike activities, coordination with relevant agencies, intervention in wildcat strikes, etc.;
(Free Legal Aid and Voluntary Arbitration Services/Single Entry Approach) – Under this program, the Board's services are extended beyong purely organized groups to individual complainants. The NCMB takes advantage of the effectiveness of its conciliation-mediation services to provide immediate assistance to unorganized and individual workers and to unions that are the early state of organizing.